Skip to main content

Nails as good as new!

First of all, wow. Just wow. That was completely unexpected!
I've just been doing my pre-colour nail prep to find that my Mam's added a new little bottle into the bag-now it looks really shabby and poor, but wow, it works a dream!
Introducing... Boots Salon Nail Care Cuticle Remover!
Here's the little tube it comes in! :)



It comes in this cute litte box (as shown on boots.com) for a mere £4.20

And I am still in shock at how much it worked! I think my biggest mistake here is not taking before and after pictures, but before I had scabby little cuticles at the bottom of my nails, and now they're completely clear! All you need to do is follow the very simple instructions that come on the back of the tube:
1. Massage into the cuticle area- the liquid is small and white and contains little grainy pieces, though I'm not entirely sure what these are
2. Leave for about a minute
3. Grab an orange stick, wrapped in cotton wool (though I admit, I didn't wrap it in cotton wool and just made sure I was careful not to scratch too hard around my skin) and scrape away the excess cuticle (that should be pretty dead and bedraggled by now!)
4. Go wash your hands in nice warm, soapy water to make sure you get all of the cream that's left on :)

Personally, I'd finish it up with a bit of moisturiser, or go back to doing what I would normally do in my nail-prep. I'd probably do this instead of using cuticle oil.
It's recommended you do this once a week to keep them looking pretty and perfect! ^^ Though, I may lack to once every two weeks simply because I don't mind having a little bit of my cuticle showing and I'm just lazy really.
Now why are you still here? Go get some now!

Do you have any favourite nail care products? I'd love to hear what they are and why they work so well for you-comment below!

Comments

  1. OOH i will have to try it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you will! If you're outside of the UK/in a country without Boots stores then I'm sure a national drug store/beauty retailer/department store will have a similar equivalent :)
      x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m