Skip to main content

Revlon Moon Candy

Hello everybody!
One (or two...) of my recent purchases have been of Revlon's Nail Art Moon-Candy in the colours "Orbit" and "Meteor".

Average Overall Rating: 7/10
Colour & Effect: 10/10
Durability: 4/10 -Actually quite poor
Removability: 7/10 -It removes quite easily considering the glitter flakes




Orbit (On highlight nail)
Meteor
They're actually really nice polishes once you get them on the nail- a pretty deep base colour with the holographic glitter flakes in the top coat that give off a glowing appearance. 

I really do love the colours-they capture the "space" element that i think Revlon were looking for, and really look amazing-plus there's nothing else out there in the market (that I know of anyway...) unless you want to buy completely separate and probably not matched colours! I do, however, have a few issues with the polish (though, the amazing finish does make up for them!).
Issue Number 1! As one of those "Oh it's midnight, I think I'll do my nails" kind of people, I found the base coat to lack the one-coat power that I like. Even the two-coat power for some nails (especially the thumbs), so this was a little bit of a downside for me, but it's fine, I can deal with it!
Issue Number 2! The polish has chipped away at the tip of my nail after not even 24 hours. I find this a little odd as I have never had this happen to me with any other polish before, even a different Revlon polish! You can see in the images above how there's a little space in some of the nails between the edge of my nail and the nail polish (images were took after around 20/21 hours of wear, and considering I was asleep around 7 hours of that time too). It was really weird. I'll re-apply this some time in a week or so and let you guys know if it's any different, maybe it was just me!
Issue Number 3! The flakes kind of lifted up a little... You see those little holographic glitter-flakes? Well after applying them I noticed that there was one on my little finger near the cuticle-edge that was folded upright a little bit. It was a bit strange and unexpected, as I've never known any glitter to do this at all, so I got a normal top coat to brush over the top, which seemed to fix it a bit. So I recommend that if you do get this polish then go over the glitter coat with a top coat, just to secure the flakes. Though, the top coat obviously didn't keep the ends from chipping (still puzzled on this...).


Anyway, I think that's it! I've seen a few bloggers complaining that the flakes don't spread equally and that the base coat takes a while to dry enough to put the glitter on, but honestly, I think if you apply the base coat in quite thin layers, you shouldn't have a drying problem, and I found no problems with the glitter flakes, though I did end up applying two coats because I just got dazed in the sparkle!
So, enjoy your Revlon Moon Dust (I'm assuming you'll go and pick some up, cause it looks so amazing!). Thanks for reading-don't forget to subscribe/follow and leave a comment below! :-)
xxx

Comments

  1. These nails look like galaxies! I love this effect. Super cute!

    Beauty Baroness ☮♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing right! I love the effect too! x

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a