Skip to main content

Pin Marble!

Hello hello hello!
Nice to see you here, guess you wanna know about Pin Marbling, huh? :P

As a simple opening description, I'm gonna say that a pin marble is pretty much a water marble... without all the mess all the way up your fingers! :)
(Don't know what water marble is? Check *this post*

And, as always, have a few pictures before I talk you through a couple of super easy steps!






So! This version of marbling is so easy and a lot less messy! It's also quicker, in my opinion, but it depends how pretty and precise you like your designs to be :)

All you need is...
*Nail Polish Colours (However many you want... I'd suggest 2-4, but you could go up to 5 or 6 if you're brave enough to!)
*Top/Base Coat
*A pin- or needle, small dotting tool, even a striper brush works- just to drag the polish :)

All you have to do is...
1. (After prepping your nails!) Paint your nails in the colour you want as the base. (I used my darkest blue, and my lightest blue- you can you any though ^^) 
2. Wait 'til this colour is super dry, you don't want to end up dragging this round your nail!
3. Going a nail at a time, slop on another layer of your base colour (a thick layer!). Put some drops of the other colour(s) on the top- again, thick layers guys! And then grab your pin or chosen tool (dotting tool is my tool of choice) and drag that polish to where you want it to go! You can make flame patterns, mush the colours together, or just make them all swirly!
4. Repeat for each nail
5. Top coat! :)
(6. I used a fast-drying top-coat on top of my normal top coat, just to speed the drying time up a little since there is a lot of polish there! It also made them super duper shiny, so thank you Nails Inc!)

Have some more images :D






Polishes Used:
*Barry M Gelly Blue Plum (Dark Blue) - £3.99 from Superdrug
*Nails Inc Baker Street (Bright Blue) - £11 from Nails Inc
*Barry M Gelly Blueberry (Pastel Blue-Lilac) - £3.99 from Superdrug


Top Coats:
*Barry M All in One: Base-coat, Top-coat & Nail Hardener - £2.99 from Superdrug
*Nails Inc Albert Bridge Top Coat (Fast Drying and Super Shiny!) - £12 from Nails Inc



And that's all from me for now! See you very very soon- I have some new post ideas lined up! :) 
~Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a

Mail: Messy Mani

Hello! Let it be known that from this day forth, any nail posts posted on Mondays shall be known as "Mail's". Yay! For the first "Mail" post, I'm going to be sharing one of my new purchases with you... Model's Own's "Erase" Corrector Pen! I feel like this could be a major turning point in my blog's image quality, as I no longer have an excuse for messy mani's.  Though I'd first like to point out that I feel like I have come quite far since the beginning of my blog, and no longer post images such as this... I mean, just look at that thumb!? (Polish is Barry M Spring Green) ...Except for today, I'm posting a very (purposefully) messy mani, to show you how the corrector pen can work! Also please keep in mind that I actually did this mani pretty much in the dark, around midnight the other day. :D I quite enjoyed being super careless with my painting, actually. Is that wrong of me? Also, you m