Skip to main content

Wail: Introducing Emily!

Hello everyone! Hope you're enjoying the half term if you're off school or off work!
Today I'm going to introduce you to Emily, who appears to be a bit of a bargain hunter- but I'll let you see that for yourselves...
-----------------------------------------------


Hi everyone! I'm Emily from Nailsxo.com and today I'm very excited to be doing this guest post for Rachel. I love getting to know bloggers, it makes blogging more fun :).

Today's post is based on Miss Sporty. I found a really good bargain recently in the pound shop; they were selling packs which contained a Miss Sporty nail polish, lip balm and nail patches! All for £1! I couldn't resist buying a pack, or should I say 2 packs ;)!

Here's what they look like:


I chose the black nail polish with Zebra patches and brown polish with Commando nail patches. I don't own a brown nail polish (I had to make my Star Wars Chewbacca nails by mixing primary colours to get a brown!) so I was so happy to see some for £1!

 So moving on... I didn't want to put the nail patches on every nail, as I wanted to test the nail polish out too. Here are the instructions for applying the patches:

The first one I made was with the 'Commando' nail patches, I found them pretty easy to apply, though it's difficult to get it really smooth without any bubbles underneath:



The brown nail polish only needed 2 coats and has a great, easy to use brush, but it does require a top coat as it wasn't all that shiny. I also applied a top coat to the nail patches to make them look more glossy :).

 When I got bored of these ones, I then tested out the black polish with the Zebra patches:



Again, the application of the patches was easy, but I was having worse luck with these ones, if you look at my thumb there's quite a few bubbles that emerged :(. As for the black nail polish I loved it! Two coats and no top coat is required, just look at how shiny it is! I did add a top coat over the nail patches, I wanted them to be as shiny as the black :).

 So there's one last thing to show you and that's the lip balm:

As you can see, there is an orange-y looking one and a dark pale pink one. I didn't have high expectations of these because they were so cheap, but I was really impressed with the orange one; it smells gorgeous, it feels so smooth when you're applying it, it looks so glossy and gives your lips a slight tint of colour.

The dark pink lip balm was very similar; smooth and glossy, but this time there was no colour to it, giving the orange lip balm the edge.

Overall, this pack is definitely worth the price, next time you're near your local pound shop, pop in and take a look, you might be surprised at what you find! So I hope you all liked this post, I'd love to know what you think of these products :).

Emily xo
-----------------------------------------------
Please excuse me for a moment while I go and run to the poundshop! Thanks for the post, Emily! The packs look amazing! I'm seriously going to be keeping my eyes peeled next time I'm in a poundworld or a poundland! I hope everyone else enjoyed the post as much as I did- and don't forget to go and follow Emily's blog!
See you all on Friday, with a post from myself! :D
o7
~Rachel

Exam Update: 1 down, 12 to go...

Comments

  1. Thanks again for inviting me as one of the people to guest post :D ! And I just need to say before I go, I love the theme of your blog! It's so fun :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those polishes look really good, I've always tended to avoid them in Poundland but I'll give them a go! (Just to say I'm an avid bargain hunter in Poundland, it's like I never leave...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also find the Miss Sporty polishes in Superdrug (and possibly Boots, too)
      I have a turquoise and a metallic-y blue by them, and they're both pretty awesome :) But obviously they'll be cheaper in poundland hehe. At least they're cheap enough from poundland that if they're rubbish it's not a huge waste! ^^ Enjoy! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I read and reply to every single comment, so make sure you leave one! (No verification needed)

Popular posts from this blog

The Random Sunday Post!

Hello everyone! This is a super quick random post just to say I'm back and also what will be coming up this week! So, I'm still due a Blue Nails post for the British Nail Blogger's Colour Me Crazy Challenge- this will be up tomorrow instead of a Book/Lifestyle post! From Wednesday, the normal posts will resume, so you can expect a Pink Mani on this day for this week's challenge nails! Then on Thursday, it's A Level results day, which means a lot of nervous stressy things to sort out, and I may not have time to write up a post in time for Friday- but I will definitely try, and also update you all in my potential University place! If there is a post on Friday, it'll be a typical naily post- probably a swatch of something! And that is all I think you need to know! Good Luck to anyone else getting results on Thursday! ~Rachel

Your Guide to Barry M Gelly's!

Finally , the time has come for the ever-promised "Barry M Gelly Polishes Review & Swatch" Post! YAY! Now, now, settle down, settle down, and prepare yourself for an image-heavy post! Panorama View? Yes please... Okay, so that picture isn't too great. But there's the colours that between us (Me and Rhian) have in the Gelly range. We're only missing "Grapefruit" I think...

Wail: Birthday Blue!

Hi everyone! So it was my 18th birthday yesterday, hence why this post is a little late! But I have a fun post for you all to enjoy :) Introducing to you- my birthday mani! I love love love these polishes- I think I've only used them once each, but wow, they're just amazing and I definitely need to use them more. Apologies for the little bit of tip-wear, it's been on since Saturday (so, 5 days between application and the picture taking!) so the wear on these polishes is actually very good! The first polish is Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate, in the shade "Britpop" which is such a fun name! The colour is also absolutely stunning, it's such a rich blue, but is kinda bright at the same time and a borderline dark teal colour. The brush for application is also pretty wide, which makes coverage super easy in only one to two strokes! There's another bonus too- the polish is very shiny even before a top coat! Totally recommend this polish, a